1. I hardly stretch. Ever.
2. If it’s not a race or with a group, I’m probably listening to music.
3. I get jealous if I see a runner when I’m in a car.
4. I am very annoyed at the current running fashion trend.
5. 5 fingers are cool, it took a while before I tried the pair hiding in my closet. But don’t wear them when you’re shopping or doing concentration curls at snap fitness!
6. I never take short cuts and continue to aim for obstacles rather than go around. Not because I’m tough, or elite. Because I want nothing more than an easy run, and if I don’t force myself, I will take it easy.
7. I laugh in my head at people who stop their tracking device at intersections.
8. When people suggest a shoe to try, I say “Cool, okay. I’ll look into that. Thanks!” I never look into it.
9. When taking new runners out and they stop for the 10th time, I start to regret the run.
10. When taking a new runner out and they power through, I made a new best friend.
11. I make unreasonable goals, like dreaming of ultra marathons before I completed a road marathon.
12. I aim for the brightly colored individuals on race day.
13. When women pass me on race day, I usually say “hell yeah!” In my head. But am afraid to show such enthusiasm to the runners.
14. When talking about fitness, lifters tell me about how much they benched and I think “then what?”
15. I’ve had more spiritual experiences on runs than at church.
16. When friends and family compliment my running I say my thanks. When strangers compliment my running I melt.
17. I strive to beat everyone in distance. I don’t really care about speed. But I also get bored at lack of effort in my pace.
18. When at work I stare out a window day dreaming of running. When I get off I typically lie down on my bed immediately.
19. I get nurvous before every race. Always.
20. I don’t know where the line is between knowing the disciplines of running and being anal about running perfectly. But I hate the idea of being on the later side. I love running but hate chores.
21. The more weird a runner seems, the more I like them.
22. When in conversation the other person sais “I hate running” or something of the like. I end the conversation.
23. I dream of teaching people to run, but would feel like a theif getting paid for it.
24. I wear my running shorts everywhere. It puts me I the mood.
25. When working out, I never do my legs. I’m afraid I’ll be sore if I decide to run after my workout.
26. Running feels so natural I now refuse to workout using machines and weights.
27. I view past running legends the way Catholics view saints.
28. When I think about the possibility of my body getting injured, I always reason with “I could do a marathon in one of those modified wheelchairs.”
29. When I pass someone on race day, I wonder how long til they pass me in return.
30. Running is a mindset the same way spirituality is. If I don’t bring it into physical reality, I’m wasting my minds power.